The Journal of International Research – Social Phenomena is seeking manuscripts for publication in its special issue on
EXPECTATION AS ACTION
Practically all humanities and social science disciplines deal with the issue of expectations, with each field of science considering its own specific side of this phenomenon and so filling the notion of expectation with a different unique content. Thus in Psychology there dominates the notion of expectation as a type of mental image determined by unconscious psychological states of the person and based on the person’s prior experience (an attitude). In social theory expectations are mainly understood as a type of requirement to follow certain behavior patterns and to conform to social norms. In economic and political research expectations in general are understood as informed predictions of future events. The point of contact in interdisciplinary research cooperation can be the study of action as a guiding element of expectations and the study of the different sides of expectations in connection with the dominant role of action.
We would like to draw attention of the authors to the following general research questions:
- What social agents, what groups of people hold expectations for various events and phenomena? What determines their role as the subjects of expectations?
- What are the characteristics and the directions of action of the subjects in the state of expectations? How is the content of this action connected with the expected event, with the conditions of expectation? Who or what is the object of this action? What are the direct and indirect results of this action? What are the mechanisms of influence of this action upon the possibility of the expected event?
- How do various expectations impact one another (for example, coinciding expectations, different expectation, conflicting expectations)?
We shall consider for publication the manuscripts containing:
- theoretical research of expectations (focusing on the search for the general laws of existence of expectations in social reality), as well as
- the works studying the existence of expectations in various social interactions, for example, dealing with the regularities of existence and functioning of expectations in various spheres in economics, politics and culture. Attention will also be given to the studies of expectations in education.
How to apply:
– complete the online application form at http://socialphenomena.org/ and submit your paper proposal of approximately 1.5 pages,
– after preliminary approval submit the full text of your manuscript.
15 March 2016 г. – deadline submission of paper proposals;
20 March 2016 г. – notification of authors about the results of review of their proposals;
30 April 2016 – deadline for submitting full papers.